104 residents lived at Van Brunt Hall and 33 permanently resided at the Hospital.
Redecorating was completed at Van Brunt, with new furniture, beds, mattresses, drapes, bed spreads, lamps, and fresh paint throughout.
Lightning killed eight cows, and addional were added to bring the total herd to 123.
The corn crop at the farm was the best ever.
A doctor, podiatrist, physical therapist, optometrist, and dentist visited the Hospital regularly and were on call. Diabetes testing was offered on a monthly basis.
An Easter Hat parade at the Home was featured on local television.
A Dousman beutician and OES member gave 91 perms, 439 washes and cuts, and 29 cuts that year. Services at the beauty parlor were free to the residents, with costs covered by OES.
Thanks in part to donations, building improvements to the Wisconsin Masonic Home realized 20 additional resident rooms and a second floor chapel with a capacity of 160.
With funds from OES, a nurse call system was installed at Van Brunt Hall, the Hospital was redecorated, and physical therapy equipment was added.
The farm had above-average annual production, but the barn, built in 1840, burned down due to arson. A new pole barn was built to protect cattle.
On March 2, the Home is incorporated as a separate entity from the Grand Lodge. The change is necessary because of the Federal Tax Revision Act of 1969 and only changes the rules for legal operation.
Officially, the new corporation is known as the Wisconsin Masonic Home Inc. The Home is leased to the Wisconsin Masonic Home Board for $1.00 per year
Van Brunt Hall celebrated its 52nd anniversary, and many improvements and repairs were needed. The OES Service Club provided donations for materials and activities, so they were able to excavate ponds, redecorate the print shop, and purchase a large TV set and movie projector.