• 1931

    There were over 100 residents at the Home with the Hospital near capacity.

    The woman who received the $5.00 gold piece in 1900 to begin the Eastern Star fund for a home passed away. Nellie M. Towner, PGM, had served on the Grand Lodge Home Board or the Eastern Star Home Board for 25 years. She was also referred to as the 'Mother of the Hospital'.

  • 1932

    The Grand Lodge purchased picnic tables for the grounds. Several thousand visitors were welcomed to the Home each year. Most come for the Van Brunt Picnic in July, "giving the craft an opportunity to enjoy and learn more about the wonderful facility they have."

    This tradition of a Chicken Barbeque still carries on today

  • 1934

    There were 117 residents at the Home and Hospital. The cost per resident at the Home was $9.92 per week.

    The report of the Grand Master revealed that the Home and Hospital were filled to capacity and there needed to be a plan for adding facilities.

    Beef cattle were added to the farm.

    The orchard consisted of 125 fruit trees and over 1,000 berry bushes.

    The Home was incorporated as a charitable organization. The new name would be 'Wisconsin Masonic Home Incorporated'.

  • 1935

    In an effort to secure sound business processes and prevent financial problems, the first budget in the history of the Home was prepared.

    On June 13, Willard A. Van Brunt, the individual who donated the property that became the cornerstone of the Wisconsin Masonic Home, was buried in Horicon, Wisconsin, following his death in May.

    The main building on the grounds became known as Van Brunt Hall, in Bro. Van Brunt's honor.

Around the World